Tuesday 21 August 2012

VVS Laxman announces retirement from international cricket





Veteran Indian batsman VVS Laxman announced on Saturday that he would be retiring from international cricket with immediate effect.

“It’s been 16 years since I have made my international debut for India and I think it is the right time to move on,” said an emotional Laxman after announcing his retirement in Hyderabad.

“As a youngster it was dream to represent India and it took lot of pride to wear India cap, Laxman added.
“I would like to give youngsters an opportunity to prove themselves,” said Laxman. “I am grateful to almighty for blessing me to live my dream of playing cricket”

“I have always felt that I have got the opportunity to serve my country and have played the best cricket not only in India but overseas as well,” Laxman further added.

“I think it is time to give youngsters a chance at home ahead of a tough season. I have always kept the country’s success ahead of personal aspirations.”

“I will be very satisfied with the decision that I have taken and I will never regret this decision. “

Keywords – VVS Laxman announces retirement from international cricket.



Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget